The college takes pride in having a competent and dedicated faculty and provides the best facilities available to students for their comprehensive development. Faculty of each department is involved in numerous research activities through which their analytical, creative and scientific temperament is nurtured. Research publications of the faculty enrich the academic stature of the college.
The institution encourages students of all departments in carrying out research activities through educational excursion, field work and group project work. Faculties of the departments accompany the students and provide the necessary guidance.
One teacher from Education Department and one from Department of Bengali are presently working as Co-Guide of doctoral dissertation of research fellows registered under University of Calcutta. Many teachers of the college have completed Minor as well as Major Research work. The Institution regularly organizes conferences, seminars and workshops in order to rope in researchers of eminence to visit the campus and interact with teachers and students. Scholars of stature delivered extended talks and interact with students as well as with teachers. The College Authority encourages and sanctions leave for presenting research paper in different International and National Conferences by faculty. Publication by faculty in different International and National refereed Journals, books, articles in edited volumes, seminar proceedings etc are also being encouraged.
Minor Research Projects:
- Prof Smita Majumder, Department of Economics, (2010) : Impact of Millennium Development Goals, on Gender Equality in India
- Prof Tarkeshwar Pandey, Department of Political Science, (Ongoing): Good Governance: A Case Studies of Bihar
- Dr. Afroja Khatun,(2009) Department of Bengali: “In Search of Cloud Shrouded Stars: Muslim Women of Murshidabad 1995-2005”
- Dr. Uma Shankar Pandey, Department of Journalism and Mass Communication: (Ongoing): New Media Literacy Index — A study of Mass Communication students of Bengal
- Prof Enakshi Chowdhury(Retd), Department of English: (Ongoing) : Hits and Flops of Drama from 1590-1630
- Dr. Suparna Gangopadhyay, Department of Economics, (Ongoing): Global Financial Crisis and the Indian capital Matket: Co-integration Revisited
- Dr. Kaustubh Lahiri, Department of Geography (Ongoing):
- ‘ Facilitating a Resurgence in Rural Livelihood by Symbiotic Sustainability – a Pilot Study of Sagar, Namkhana, Kakdwip and Patharpratima Blocks of Sundarban’
- Tracing Differential Trace Threshold: Food Security by Micro Level Responsive Field Resource Management’
- Dr. Mom Mitra, Department of Education: Title : Development of a Standardized Scale on Stress due to life events of Adolescents and Young Adults
- Prof Debjani Basu Sen, Department of Bengali: Mayabi Prithibi o Shirshendur duti Uponyas
Major Research Project:
Prof Sanghamitra Sarkar:
- (2012): Women empowerment under 6th scheduled areas: A comparative studies of Meghalaya, Tripura. Report submitted on 2015.
- (2008): With or without each other: The seven sisters’ Search for Peace and Prosperity