Budhaditya Banerjee (Part-Time Teacher, since January 2009)
|Year of Passing||Institution||Subjects (Major)|
|M.Phil||2007||University of Kalyani||Economics, Development Economics|
|M.Sc.||2003||University of Calcutta||Econometrics,
|B.Sc. (H)||2001||University of Calcutta||Economics, Mathematics. Political. Science|
- “PC SOFTWARE & PC OPERATIONS “ from St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata.
(Computer Fundamentals, MS_ DOS, Windows, MS _WORD, MS_EXCEL, MS_POWER POINT, INTERNET), held from 18-07-2001 to 13-03-2002.
- Proficient in SPSS, EVIEWS.
- ‘Field Survey Specialist’ in an international research project entitled “Socio-Behavioral and Economic Components of Cholera and Typhoid Fever Studies in Kolkata”, conducted jointly by National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases, Kolkata, [A research institute underIndian Council for Medical Research, New Delhi]and International Vaccine Institute & funded by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, from 1stMay, 2004 to 31st May, 2006.
- Collection, compilation & analysis of data relating to economic costs of Cholera and Typhoid among the slum-area population.
- Conducting in-depth interviews and data processing that included data consistency checking, error analysis and analysis of economic data.
- Maintaining the survey logistics.
2. ‘Research Assistant’ in the project entitled “Livelihood Related Schemes
in West Bengal: An Appraisal”, conducted jointly by Development & Planning Department, Government of West Bengal & Centre For Studies in Economic Appraisal, Department of Business Management, University of Calcutta, from 15th May, 2006 to 15th June, 2006.
- Collection, Compilation & Analysis of information relating to various livelihood related schemes undertaken by Govt. of West Bengal for the upliftment of poor and weaker sections of the community.
- Examining the viability of the schemes.
- Providing assistance in data analysis and applying software packages, particularly SPSS, in quantitative modeling.
Participation In Seminar/Conferences/Workshops:
- Participated at the UGC-sponsored national seminar on “Perspectives Of
Quality Management In Education”, organized by Department Of
Education, Surendranath College for Women, Kolkata in collaboration with All India Association For Educational Research, West Bengal Chapter.
- Participated at the UGC-sponsored national seminar on “Communication: A Need For Community Development”, organized by Department Of Mass Communication & Journalism, Gour Mahavidyalaya, Malda in collaboration with Gurudas College, Kolkata.
- Participated in the State Level Seminar on “West Bengal Economy: Shifting Paradigm”, organized by Department of Economics, Charuchandra College, in collaboration with Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Kolkata and Department of Economics, Gurudas College, Kolkata.
- Participated in the workshop for U.G. Economics Teachers on Teaching of the existing syllabi in B.A./ B.Sc. (Hons. & General) Course of Studies in Economics, organized by Department of Economics, University of Calcutta.
- Participated in International Communication Management Conference (ICMC) 2015 on “Digital Future: Content, Community & Communication”, organized by Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad.
Goods and Services Tax: What it means for India: Journal for Development Economics and Contemporary Aspects, Department of Economics, Surendranath College for Women, 2016.
Extra – Curricular Activities:
Participated in ‘Youth Parliament Competition’ (1997 – 98), organized by the Department of Parliamentary Affairs, Govt. of West Bengal.
Participated in the quiz competition “DISHARI” (January, 2002), organized by Department of Economics, University of Calcutta.