DR. SUPARNA GANGOPADHYAY
DR. SUPARNA GANGOPADHYAY
Academic Qualifications: PhD (C.U), MPHIL (JU), M.S.c (CU), B.Ed. (CU)
Areas of Present Research: Econometric Applications, Financial Economics, Chaos theory and Fractal Analysis.
- Feminisation of Labour: The Tainted Workers In India in SEW Patrika, Afroza Khatoon (ed.)South Kolkata Society for Empowerment of Women (2014), ISSN 2347-2898.
- Udarnaitik Muldhani Bazar: Gata Dui Dasaker Khutinati O Ekti Aitihashik Prasanga (The Historical Fact on Capital market In The Last Two Decades) : Itihaas Anusandhan (20), Paschimbanga Itihas Sansad, 2006.
- A Sustainability Analysis of Financial Sector Reforms in India for Socio-Economic Justice in World Peace: Problem of Global Understanding & Prospect of Harmony; Satinath Chattopadhyay, Puthi Pustak, Kolkata 2005, ISBN 86791-55-6.
- Emergence of Financial Derivatives in India: Commerce Education In The New Millennium, Prospects & Challenges; Department of Commerce, Raja Pearymohan College, 2005.
- Arthanaitik Unnayan o Narir Adhikar (Economic Development & Women’s Right). Itihaas Anusandhan (20), Paschimbanga Itihas Sansad, 2005.
- Prospective Industrial Sectors of West Bengal & the Recent Industrial Drive: An Empirical Assessment: Economy of West Bengal: Problems & Prospects (Ed.) Raychaudhury & Sarkar, Allied, 1996.
- Kendriya Sadhikar Shilpasangatha O Sampratik Samasya (Some Recent Problems of Disinvestment Policy Of India): Arthaniti ( Special issue), 1995
- India’s Capital Market: An analysis of Development Potentials Over the Last two Decades: Seminar Paper No: 1/Ec-94, Department of Economics, Calcutta
- Global Financial Crisis and the Indian Capital Market: Cointegration Revisited – Minor Research Project funded by UGC (Status-Ongoing)
- Efficiency Assessment of Derivative Trading in the Liberalised Indian Economicv Scenario: Minor Researcjh Prtoject funded by UGC( Status- Completed)
- Structural Shifts in Capital Market and its Sustainability in India: An Industry based Analysis – Doctoral Dissertation (Calcutta University)
- Potentials of Development in the Capital Market – A Preliminary Analysis – Mphil Dissertation
- Urban Unemployment in West bengal with its Speacial Reference to Higher Educated Unemployed in Calcutta- Dissertation Submitted to Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Kolkata.
- Delivered a lecture on “Theory of Estimation” in Bethune College in 2013
- Delivered a Special Lecture on “Foreign Exchange Market in India” in Charuchandra College in 2015.
- Acted as Judge in Confluence, organized by St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata, in the event “Margin Call”
- She also performed the role Judge, twice in the Seminar Competition at Confluence, organized by St. Xavier’s College in India.
- International Conference on Comparative Understandings of Bengali and Sindhi: History and Culture: Organised by Department of Bengali, Surendranath College for Women, 9th -10th Dec, 2016
- Symposium on Recent Trends in Bengali Cinema: organised by Department of Journalism and Mass Communication, Surendranath College for Women on 1st October, 2012
- Some Issues in Philosophy of Religion and Contemporary Indian Thought: Organised by Undergraduate Board of Studies in Philosophy, CU and Department of Philosophy, Surendranath College for Women on 15th September, 2012
- Competition and Competitiveness in Indian Industries after Two Decades of Economic Reforms, UGC Sponsored National Level Seminar Organised by Women’s Christian College and CSSSC on 2nd April, 2012
- Drama: The Elizabethan Experience: UGC Sponsored State Level Seminar, Organised by Department of English, Surendranath College for Women, in Collaboration with Shakespeare Society of Eastern India, on 15th December, 2011West Bengal Economy: Shifting Paradigm: UGC Sponsored State Level Seminar, Organised by Charuchandra College on 9th December 2011
- Contemporary Debates in Indian and Regional Economy: Organised by Forum of Development Economics, Kolkata in March 29-30, 2011
- Teaching Methodology of Economics focussing on Change in Undergraduate Syllabus: Organised by Vivekananda College, on 26th August, 2010
- Globalisation and Changing Structure of Capital Market in India: Efficiency vs Vulnerability: UGC Sponsored State Level Seminar organised by Department of Commerce in Collaboration with Chittaranjan College on 30th March, 2010-Acted as Convener.
- Teaching of the Existing Syllabi in B.A/B.Sc (Hons & Gen) Courses of Studies in Economics: Organised by Council for Under Graduate Studies & Under Graduate Board of Studies in Economics, on 27th August 2012.
- Qualitative Response and Control Variables in Econometric Analysis: Autumn Workshop Organised by Presidency University on 5-6October, 2010.
- Revision of the Existing Syllabi in B.Com (Hons & Gen), Courses of Studies: Organised by Council for Under Graduate Studies & Under Graduate Board of Studies in Commerce
- Epic: A Comparative Study: Organised by Department of English, Surendranath College for Women, in December 2009
- Performed the role of Playback singer in a Bengali film Sunyo Je Kol, directed by Bhaswati Roychowdhury in 2015.
- Performing vocal music in different programmes, outside and inside the college
Recognition: Received felicitation from “Lekhak Shilpi Mahal” for Vocal Music in 2013.