- Academic Qualification:-B.A.(JU), M.A.(JU), M.PHIL (CU)
- Areas of Specialization:-Econometrics and Statistics
- Area of Present Research:-Women’s Studies, Human Development and Millennium
- Papers Taught:- Macro Economics Part-I
Macro Economics Part-II
Indian Economics (Partially)
Economic Development (Partially)
Indian Economic History Part-III
- Regularly perform University assignments as Head Examiners, Examiners, Scrutinizer, Reviewers, Paper Setter, Invigilators of B.A./B.Sc/B.Com Part I, II and Part III Examinations and Regular guide Project Work of 3rd Students.
- Taught in the Commerce Department till 2011.
- Research Experience:-
Title of M.PHIL Dissertation:-Rural –Urban Migration in India: A Study of Ease level
- Research Projects Carried Out:- Minor Research Project-
- (2010) Funding Agency:-U.G.C
Title of the Project:-Impact of Millennium Development Goal on Gender
Equality in India
- (2014) A paper “Women Labour and Economy” published in “Women Studies Various Aspects, URBEE Publication ISBN: 978-93-80648-26-2.
- (2009) Participated in a five-day workshop on “Human Development “held between 17-21 March 2009, organized by the Institute of Development Studies, Kolkata.
- (2012) Attended a workshop organised by Councils for Under Graduate Studies & Under Graduate Board of Studies in Economics.
- (2012) Attended a workshop for UG economics.Teachers on teaching of the existing Syllabus in B.A./B.Sc(Hons & General) courses of Studies in Economics ,organised by Council for Under Graduate Studies ,Under Graduate Board of Studies Economics at Department of Economics,University of Calcutta on 27th August 2012.
- (2012) Attended a Symposium on Recent Trends in Bengali Cinema organised Department of Journalism and Mass Communication held at Surendranath College for Women on 2012.
- (2009) Attended U.G.C. sponsored national seminer on “Biodiversity & its impact on 16-17 March 2011 which is organised by Prabhat Kumar College Contai in collaboration with Egra SSB College.
- (2012 ) Attended U.G.C. sponsored National Seminar on 13-14 February 2012 by Department of Political Science, Surendranath College for Women in collaboration with West Bengal Political Science Association.
- (2010) Participated in the Seminar on “Coaching Methodology of Economic focusing on change in Undergraduate Syllabus, organised by the Department of Economics Vivekananda College on 26 th August 2010.
- (2012) Participated in a Seminar organised by Undergraduate Board of Studies in Philosophy, University of Calcutta and Department of Philosophy, Surendranath College for Women on some Issues in Philosophy of Region and Contemporary India Thought held on September 15, 2012.
- (2011) Participated in U.G.C. sponsored National Seminar on “Perspectives of Quality Management Education organised by Department of Education.
- (2011) Surendranath College for Women in collaboration with “Certificate of Participation and Appreciation ‘held on 2nd and 3rd December 2011.
- Organization Attached :-
Life Member of ‘Bangiya Arthaniti Parisad’
- Administrative Work:-
- Member of Governing Body.
- Member of IQAC Cell.
- Member of Academic Sub Committee.
- Member of Finance Sub-Committee.
- Member of NAAC Core Committee
- Regularly present at the selection board appointed to appoint Guest Lecturer.