Qualification: M.A. in Education, M. Phil. B. Ed. Ph. D. (thesis submitted)
Papers and Chapters published in Journals and Edited Books
1. Basak, S. (2014). Women Empowerment in Indian Higher Education, Amra Aainer Suraksha Chai South Calcutta Society for Empowerment of Women (SCSEW) Patrika, 2014 Issue, ISSN: 2347-2878
2. Basak, S. &; Deb, P. (2015). An Appraisal of Women Empowerment in Higher Education, Indian Journal of Applied Research, 5 (2): 184-186, Feb 2015, ISSN – 2249- 555X
3. Basak, S. (2013). Swami Vivekananda and Female Education in D. Bhattacharya (eds). Thoughts & Ideas of Swami Vivekananda, Kolkata: Sahityashree, ISBN: 978- 8924088-04
Participation in Seminars & Workshops
1. Participated in a Workshop on Generating Questions for the New Syllabus in Education (Honours &; General), organized by Under Graduate Board of Studies in Education, University of Calcutta in collaboration with Muralidhar Girls College, Kolkata, on 26/11/2010
2. Participated in an UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Perspectives of Quality Management in Education, organized by the Department of Education, Surendranath College for Women, Kolkata, held on 02/12/2011 &; 03/12/2011
3. Participated in an UGC Sponsored National Seminar on South Asian Security in the 21 st Century, organized by the Department of Political Science, Surendranath College, in collaboration with the West Bengal Political Science Association, held on 13/03/2012 & 14/03/2012
4. Presented a paper titled “Swami Vivekananda and Female Education” in an International Conference on Thoughts and Ideas of Swami Vivekananda, organized by the Department of Education, University of Kalyani, on 19/04/2012
5. Participated in the MHRD, Government of India sponsored 7 Days National Workshop on “Research Methodology” organized by the Department of Education (IASE), University of Kalyani, Kalyani, West Bengal, held on 13 th June to 20 th June, 2012.
6. Presented a paper titled “Values of Elementary Education in West Bengal” in the ICSSR Sponsored National Seminar on Challenges in Indian Education in 21 st Century, organized by the Department of Education, Budge Budge College, Kolkata, held on 30 th & 31 st March, 2016.
7. Participated in the Teachers’ Workshop on Paper VIII B of Education (Honours Course) under the University of Calcutta organized by Shri Shikshayatan College in collaboration with the Under Graduate Board of Studies in Education, University of Calcutta, on 20 th August, 2016
Attended the ASC Orientation Programme and Refresher Course
1. Attended the UGC – ASC Orientation Programme (OP) from 07/02/2012 to 05/03/2012, organized by Academic Staff College, University of Kolkata
2. Attended the UGC – ASC Refresher Course (RC) from 27/03/2015 to 21/04/2015, organized by Academic Staff College, University of Kolkata
Other Academic Activities
1. Acted as Head of the Department, SNCW
2. Organized a Students Seminar on 11/01/2016 on curriculum based topic “Globalization, School Organization, Educational Management and Administration”
3. Took initiative to publish our Departmental Journal “DARPAN” in 2016
4. Acted as College wise Co-ordinator in – Charge for monitoring the distribution and collection of answer scripts after evolution & scrutiny at B.A. Part – II (General) Examination 2015, University of Calcutta
5. Performed as Head Examiner of the answer scripts of B.A. (General) Education, Paper – II, Exam. 2015, University of Calcutta
6. Evaluated and scrutinized the answer scripts of B.A. Part I, II &; III (General) in Education, University of Calcutta since the date of joining.